THIS DAY IN YOUR LIFE…
POINT #1: Basically you don’t have time to fuck around wasting time on things that aren’t moving you forward in your life.
- Something we are all challenged by is when we should help others and do what they want.
- The challenge is how to balance what you want and what others want. Your wife, kids, family, friends, boss, clients, etc.
POINT #2: If someone is calling you saying I really want you to come and drink for 12 hours, is that what will move you forward?
- Always ask yourself if what you are going to do is important to you or to the other person?
- Ask yourself what is important to you and stick to it no matter what.
POINT #3: It IS more important to be striving towards who you want to be and what you want in your life then it is to keep other people happy.
- I make time for the people and the things that are really important to me, I don’t have time for bullshit that doesn’t serve me.
- Identify what is important to you and do heaps more of that. Don’t do the things that aren’t important just to keep someone else happy.
- Are you ruthlessly committed to the important things in you life?
- Your relationship
- Your children
- Your career
- Your health and fitness
- Your emotional health
- Your spiritual fitness.
- Develop the commitment to yourself and what is important to you so that you prioritise those actions more than the need to make out her people happy.
- Find everything in each of your 4 life areas that you’re ruthlessly committed to. It should be a long list, write it all down.