THIS DAY IN YOUR LIFE….
POINT #1: Always tell your kids the truth it will set them up for the rest of their life.
- Only talk to them in an age appropriate manner.
- The more information your kids have, the better their decisions will be.
POINT #2: Your kids need to always trust what you tell them.
- DON’T lie to you children, if they find out you’ve lied you lose all credibility.
- The Truth can be difficult but them not trusting you is far worse.
POINT #3: Your children rely on you to set them up for the rest of their life.
- If you don’t prepare them they’ll get their life advice from their friends….not great.
- I would rather have tough chats then they get shit info form people who don’t know what they’re talking about.
- Do you have the courage to have the tough chats with your children?
- If not are you prepared for the potentially devastating consequences.
- ALWAYS speak the truth, even it if it’s uncomfortable, even if it makes you look bad, even if it upsets them. In the long term it will be far better for them.