THIS DAY IN YOUR LIFE…
POINT #1: Working out the WHY, is where the learning is.
- Working out why something pisses you off allows you to grow from it.
- Once you identify WHY something makes you angry you can let it go.
POINT #2: If you respond angrily there is something in the situation for you.
- Your anger is a flag that there is something much deeper going on in that situation.
- e.g. If someone is always late in may be you feel disrespected. The lateness isn’t the real issue.
POINT #3: Your Anger masks something that is much deeper.
- The anger response is directly related to “Fight or Flight”
- The anger is the “Fight” response and normally displays a feeling you’re being treated unfairly or your unappreciated.
- Where in your life are you getting ANGRY about the same types of scenarios over and over.
- In each of the 4 areas of your life identify come thing that really pisses you off and delve deeper to work out what is really going on.
- e.g. If someone is constantly late to meet you your anger is about them not respecting your time it’s not about actually being late.
- Sadness = Anger, Disappointment = Anger etc. Anger is the safe response because you feel in control instead of the victim of the situation.