THIS DAY IN YOUR LIFE…
POINT #1: Never judge a book by its cover.
- You never know the story of the people you are talking to.
- People have AMAZING stories, never disregard anyone just because of your unconscious biases.
POINT #2: When you engage with all people equally you give yourself an amazing opportunity to experience many different stories.
- When you judge people and compartmentalise them by jobs, gender, race etc you rob yourself of the lessons you can learn from these people.
- EVERYONE has a unique story and experiences in life you can learn from.
POINT #3: Treat everyone you meet as someone who has great wisdom and knowledge that you can learn from.
- You will gain great benefit from learning from other people’s experiences.
- It means you can “cheat the system” and not have to go through the experiences they have, to learn from them.
- Ask yourself “How much do I judge and compartmentalise people I meet”?
- Always be aware of your attitude and judgements towards people you meeet. You may be robbing yourself of amazing opportunities to learn.
- Talk to and interact with as many varied and different people as you possibly can.